All-Electronic Tolling (AET) is HERE at all
NH Toll Plazas from 10 pm to 6 am!
AET will be available 24/7 on the Spaulding Turnpike in Fall 2022!
What is AET?
AET is All-Electronic Tolling, a booth-less, cashless tolling system that allows your vehicle to travel through a tolling area at the full speed limit.
All New Hampshire Toll Plazas are now operating as AET every night between 10 pm and 6 am. Coming in the Fall of 2022, Dover and Rochester Toll Plazas will provide 24/7 AET, with no toll attendants available to take cash.
How does it work?
Payments are captured electronically via an E-ZPass transponder.
No cash is accepted at the toll plaza under AET.
What does this mean to me
Currently, all Toll Plazas in New Hampshire are operating as AET between 10 pm and 6 am. During these hours, your toll payments can be made with:
Are there different ways to pay than using a transponder? Can I use cash?
Yes! Here is how you pay with cash:
- Set up an Anonymous Account by going in person to any E-ZPass Walk In Center (located in Concord, Portsmouth, and Nashua). Providing personal information for this account is optional.
- Fund your Anonymous Account with cash at any E-ZPass Walk In Center OR with a Cash Reload Card at multiple convenient retail locations in NH.
- You can use a Cash Reload Card to fund any prepaid account. Cards are available at multiple convenient retail locations in NH.
Here are other choices:
- Set up a License Plate Account where you can make payments in advance by registering your license plate. For more information, go to https://www.ezpassnh.com/faqs and scroll down to License Plate FAQs.
- Create a Business Account for company-owned, leased, or multiple commercial vehicles. For more information go to: https://www.ezpassnh.com/page/applications-forms.
How can I set up these accounts?
How do I pay without a transponder?
The 7 Days to Pay program allows you to go online within 7 days to pay your toll. Visit the FAQs page on the NH E-ZPass website and scroll to the bottom for more details. Visit the violations web page if you need to pay a toll.
If you don’t pay within 7 days, we’ll send you an invoice for the toll amount, plus a $1 administrative fee.
If you want to purchase a transponder anonymously, we’ve got you covered!
Visit any E-ZPass Walk In Center (located in Concord, Portsmouth, and Nashua). To see an application, go to Applications and Forms and click on the Anonymous Account Application package in the middle of the page. Providing personal information for these accounts is optional.